I think a lot of gamers have dealt with eye strain at some point from long gaming sessions. Eye strain is very unpleasant feeling that makes Your eyes tired, irritated & blur Your vision. These issues are mostly caused Blue Light that is emitting from a monitor. Thankfully, there is an outstanding solution to this problem & that is Gaming Glasses.
How do gaming glasses work & benefit a user?
- Gaming glasses filter blue light that is emitting from the monitor screen, making long sessions in front of the monitor much less stressful for eyes. Gaming Glasses prevent sight related issues like dry eyes, eye fatigue & irritation;
- Another bad side effect from taking too much blue light is headaches & insomnia. Many users reported that they have headaches & have trouble falling asleep from long sessions & absorbing large amount of blue light. Thankfully, gaming glasses take care of that problem & solve it by minimizing the amount of a blue light & UV light that person observes, resulting in enhanced quality of sleep;
- Gaming Glasses filter out screen glare & artificial screen light;
- As weird as it seems Yellow filter used in these glasses actually make improves contrast & makes colors stand out more in games;
- They also block harmful UV light;
These glasses are also effective at:
- Improving users productivity & performance;
- Getting rid of headaches that might occur from long sessions in front of the monitor;
Do I need gaming glasses even though I am not experiencing the issues listed above?
Yes, and no. It is strongly advised for people who spend a lot of time in front of their monitors to wear these glasses to protect their eyes from strain, irritation, fatigue & other vision related issues like that. Plus, it is not only the sight that benefits from these glasses, a lot of users reported feeling much better & sleep better when they switch to gaming glasses.
It is also a very good idea to wear gaming glasses to protect vision from the issues listed above even if You are not experiencing them currently, to ensure that You won’t experience them in the future. In other words, for future proofing.
However, if You are a casual gamer & don’t spend too much time in front of the monitor & have never experienced any sight related issues then You probably don’t need them. However, keep in mind that it’s always a good idea to protect Yourself from the vision related issues that might occur from long gaming sessions.
Without further a do, lets take a look at the best gaming classes:
DUCO Optiks GX090
- Weight: 0.96 ounces;
- Lens width: 52mm (2.1 inches);
- Nose: 17mm (0.7 inches);
- Temple: 150mm (5.9 inches);
- Product dimensions: 5.9 x 1.2 x 2 inches;
- Design is classic, elegant & proffesional-looking;
- To give users sharp & clean vision for comfortable & efficient viewing experiences, DUCO Optiks 090 provide scratch resistant, anti-oil Amber tint lenses, anti-glare coatings and ultra-pure lens material;
- Duco Optiks 090 specially designed computer eyewear with proprietary tints and coatings enhance & protect vision by filtering harmful high frequency blue light, blocking 100% UV light & glare from digital screens;
- Also, they effectively reduce the glare from indoor & outdoor lighting sources;
- Comes with box, glasses case , superfine pouch, cloth and mini screwdriver;
- The lenses have slight yellow tint to them which is responsible for protecting users eyes;
- Structural stability of DUCO Optiks 090 is very good. These glasses have multi-barrel hinges which allow them to sit naturally & comfortable with wide variety of different face structures / types & head sizes;
- Optiks 090 are lightweight- users won’t even feel them while wearing;
- Great build quality;
- Recommended by doctors;
- Price is reasonable considering all the features that it has to offer;
- Soft silicone nose pad prevents glasses from slipping;
- 133-millimeter ultra light TR90 temples and semi-rimmed metal frame ensure durability;
DUCO Optiks GX090 delivers excellent performance with loads of great features & functions, impressive performance, classy design, great build quality, high level of comfort, successfully blocks harmful blue light & UV light, while also being relatively affordable. Amazing value for the price.
Gunnar Optiks PHA-00101 MLG Phantom
- Lens Width: 57mm (2.2 inches) ;
- Nose: 16mm (0.6) ;
- Temple: 132mm (5.2);
- Product Dimensions: 8.25″L x 1.75″W x 5.50″H;
- Weight: 0.50 lbs. (25 grams);
- Gunnar Optiks PHA-00101 gaming glasses are very light, weighing only at 25 grams;
- These glasses are properly balanced to reduce pressure points;
- PHA-00101 feature adjustable silicone nose pad to improve stability & comfort;
- Correctly balanced design allows to properly frame user face to protect eyes by blocking any exposure to dry and ambient air currents;
- Lenses are equipped with hard coating to help prevent scratching;
- Glasses use specially designed Amber tint lenses featuring proprietary tints and coatings that filters high frequency Blue Light, 100 % UV light & digital screen glare, as well as glare from indoor & outdoor sources;
- Amber lenses increase the contrast of user screen and helps sharpen characters and shapes on your screen.
- Flexible, slightly curved temples allow to comfortably fit faces with different shapes & sizes and keep eyewear in place;
- Fastener free hinge design and high tensile steel construction deliver incredible durability;
- Ultra slim temples ensure easy & comfortable headset compatibility;
- Approved & recommended by doctors;
- Frame is made out of stainless steel;
- High quality build;
- Gorgeous futuristic looking design;
- Used at eSports tournaments;
- While PHA-00101 are expensive, they are definitely worth the price considering the quality, features & performance they deliver;
Gunnar Optiks PHA-00101 MLG Phantom are high end quality gaming glasses that deliver superb build quality, very good comfort level, stops harmful blue light & UV light, has futuristic design & much more, in other words- all the features & functions a user would want from gaming glasses. Excellent product for gamers.
DUCO Optiks 8954L
Duco Optiks 8954L are especially designed for people who wear prescribed glasses to comfortably fit over them & they come with 3 different sizes- L, M & XL.
- L size is recommended if Your prescribed glasses spectacles frame width is more than 138mm and less than 145mm, height is less than 40mm;
- M size is recommended if Your prescribed glasses spectacles frame width is less than 138mm, height is less than 39mm;
- XL size is recommended if Your prescribed glasses spectacles frame width is more than 138mm and less than 145mm, height is more than 40mm and less than 45mm
- Frame is made out of specially designed polymer TR90 that provides great level of flexibility. Frame can be bent too wide angles, to be specific- 90 degrees without breaking;
- TR90 material which is used to make frame also delivers incredible durability. Fun fact, they also can float on water;
- The design behind 8954L was smartly and specially created for people who wear prescribed glasses to comfortably fit over them regardless the shape or size. Using prescribed glasses alongside 8954L will give users focused & clear image while also protection from Blue light, glare, UV light to keep users vision safe;
- DUCO provide lifetime breakage warranty for 8954L, so if user will end up breaking one pair of glasses, they can get another one for free;
- Duco Optiks 8954L package includes: Glasses, case, glasses cloth, glasses bag, mini screwdriver;
- Approved & recommended by doctors;
- The lenses are equipped with anti-glare coating which disables glare and reflections from digital screens;
- Amber tints lenses improve the overall image on screen by increasing contrast, improving sharpness & colors while also significantly reducing the strain on eyes;
- Amber tint lenses successfully filter most of the high frequency harmful blue light & UV light. As a result, users eyes are prevented from fatigue, dryness & other sight related issues that might occurs from long gaming sessions;
- Visually appealing design;
- Comes with 3 sizes available to choose from;
- Hard coating prevents lenses from scratching;
DUCO Optiks 8954L is perfect solution for people who want to protect their vision but always have to wear prescribed glasses. They comfortably fit over them so You can use both at the same time. These are great eyewear to own, primarily because of its amazing build quality, great performance in terms of blocking harmful blue light, UV light & glare, great features, visually appealing design & more. All of this for an affordable price.
Thank You for taking Your time to read my reviews. I hope my list of best gaming glasses was informative & helpful. Feel free to message me if You have any questions.
If You enjoyed my content, be sure to follow me: